Who We Are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re a startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 6 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully-designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the Role
Albert's iOS app has been live on the App Store since 2016 and consistently ranks as one of the top apps in the finance section. Our Android app launched in 2019 and has grown quickly ever since. Over the next year, Albert will be launching multiple new services and products so we're looking for someone to join, lead, manage, and grow our mobile team to ensure we continue to design simple, yet elegant products.
Things you're good at:
Things you're good at:
- Ownership: Dive in and take ownership of our Android and iOS teams and develop great products that you are proud of every day.
- Architecture: Completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: Prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Teamwork: At Albert, one of the underpinnings of our culture is to care. We care about our customers’ financial wellness, we care about the health of our business, and we treat each other with kindness and respect every day.
- Take complete ownership of our iOS and Android mobile products and oversee our mobile engineering team.
- Ensure we continue to build an app that can scale to millions of users across multiple financial products with the highest quality standards.
- Speed is a feature: build and deploy software that delights because it’s fast.
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes.
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and offer feedback. We work together.
- Follow management best practices and grow your team effectively.
- 7+ years of software engineering, preferably in fast growth startups
- 4+ years of experience writing production mobile software
- Strong command of mobile engineering and architecture best practices, ideally in Swift and Kotlin
- 4 year bachelor degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong product sense with a keen eye for detail in UX and design
- Strong leadership abilities, proven track record of enabling a team to move mountains
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Daily meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match