Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Video SDKs team, which enables developers to build rich and engaging WebRTC-based media experiences. The SDKs you build will have the audience of 2M+ developers building with Twilio. These SDKs power millions of conversations between users across the globe, on endpoints spanning all the modern browsers and mobile platforms.
- You are an experienced Android developer, passionate about building quality software
- You are an Android expert with experience in writing mobile applications and libraries
- You are a champion of automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development
- You have experience with Network Protocols (HTTP, WebSockets)
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 4+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- You are passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done.
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) and Android NDK
- Experience with WebRTC or comparable media engine
- Experience building open source software
- Experience with Firebase Test Lab
- iOS Development
Success in this role will mean:
- Leveraging your skills in Kotlin, Java and the Android SDK to solve problems end-to-end
- Owning the design and development of significant new features end-to-end
- Keeping up-to-date with the Android ecosystem, and evolving our SDKs accordingly
- Striving to continuously improve your team's standards and development best practices
- Shipping high quality code, with predictable velocity, on a regular cadence
- Working with Engineering and Product Management to influence the roadmap and charting technical work plans
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office or US remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928.00- $182,776.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116312.00 - $159,929.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks