At MyFitnessPal, we believe that living a healthy lifestyle is the new normal and should be attainable for everyone. The MyFitnessPal Android Team works in an environment in which we can all learn and grow together. We consistently deliver impactful features to our 13m+ users while collaborating on continuously modernizing the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the technical direction of the MyFitnessPal Android app
- Continuously ensure the vitals of the app exceed customer expectations
- Empower & coach others on and outside the team to perform at their best
- Work on high impact features that bring value to our 13m+ users
- Use A/B testing to quickly iterate on user experiences
- Continuously modernize the MyFitnessPal Android app codebase while delivering on the product roadmap
- Improve code quality through unit testing with increased code coverage
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with Jetpack Libraries
- Advocate of clean code, good architecture, and great testing practices
- Holistic view of the product with experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure with the goal of continuously delivering value to our customers as often and safely as possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and teach through collaboration
- Substantial experience with Git in a team environment
- Experience working with a relational database
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Experience migrating a large legacy codebase to modern standards
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with Dagger and Hilt
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with MVVM or MVI
- Experience building iOS apps
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.