At the time of posting, the url to apply at is outdated with two facts:
- The role currently doesn't mention remote. We are opening up the position to working remote in the United States.
- The role currently requires "BS in Computer Science or Engineering". We are opening up to others as well with equivalent experience.
Full Job Description copy/pasted from application url:
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in? Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide, who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most. We are passionate about building best-in-class sports apps that deliver real-time, personalized quality content, and a superior experience to millions of sports fans worldwide. At Yahoo Sports, “Fans come first.”
A Lot About You
You are an experienced, motivated engineer who is passionate about mobile app development and building high quality products. You thrive working as part of a team of smart, talented engineers and product designers who value team discussions and sharing constructive feedback. You are curious, driven, and enjoy challenging work.
- Collaborate with other talented developers and designers to help define, build and deliver new features in our Sports mobile apps
- Code in Kotlin and Java -- help build and evolve our Android Sports App -- with an emphasis on quality, testability and modular and maintainable code design.
- Share responsibilities like architecture/design reviews, bug fixes, code reviews, writing unit tests, performance optimizing, build pipeline support
- Own and deliver -- from the small must-do tasks to large, complex projects with many moving parts
- Share your opinions on, and help shape, our technical direction, best practices, product designs/ideas and team processes - we value, and depend on, your input!
- Solid coding chops, code design skills and grasp of software development best practices -- including object-oriented design; writing modular, reusable, testable code; data structures; design patterns; concurrency; performance profiling and tuning
- Experience in the following: Android app development, Kotlin/Java, git
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- The quintessential teammate -- great communicator, adaptable, supportive, hard working and enjoys a good laugh
- Being a sports fan is a big plus!
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture) page to learn more.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.