Are you ready to make an immediate impact in the lives of millions of people? Are you passionate about solving challenging, real-world problems? Does smart security and home automation appeal to you? If the above holds true, we would love to talk to you!
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. Few companies innovate across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for those seeking a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
As a Software Team Lead on the iOS team, you will work to improve and add exciting new features to our mobile product. You will work in conjunction with our iOS Architect, Product Management and Quality Engineering teams to set the roadmap for our iOS app as well as manage a team of software engineers. You’ll have the opportunity to work across various technical areas using the latest technologies while using Agile development methods. Typical projects will involve diverse technologies and skills. The mobile team is distributed across different locations (with different time zones) of Alarm.com, so the candidate must be able to communicate well within such environment and work independently on self-directed tasks. Motivated and creative problem solvers will have opportunities to influence future projects.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience leading, mentoring, and directly managing a team of engineers
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Swift, Objective-C, C# a plus)
- Prefer to have database design and SQL development experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Prefer to have experience working with remote teams
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our standards are high, and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: You will be responsible for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You will be empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Work with real stuff: You will write code that interacts with the physical world. You’ll be able to see your work in action with the numerous IoT devices we work with every day.
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Be Empowered: We want you to own products and bring your experience to make those products best in class.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT and SaaS technology. Our tech stack includes .NET, SQL Server, Kafka, Ember.js, Node.js, as well as native iOS and Android applications.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other exciting corporate events.
WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ALARM.COM?
- Develop full stack software for a wide variety of platforms and technologies.
- Engage in the research, evaluation, and application of new technologies and methodologies to solve challenging problems.
- Take part in the entire project life cycle, from the development of requirements to deployment.
- Work hard and be flexible: we have quick development cycles, evolving requirements, and lots of cross-team collaboration.
- Exercise good judgment. Know when to work quickly, and when to build a robust solution. Your work will be used by multiple business units, so you will need to consider many use cases when developing.
- Bring your ideas! We want our engineers to collaborate on product development, not blindly build to a spec.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, grocery delivery and in suite bike racks and showers.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.