What You’ll Do
Leia Inc is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer on our platform team who will be responsible for the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the Leia Android Appstore, platform libraries, and future products.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Helping to define and prioritize new features.
- Build lean proof-of-concepts to validate products.
- Working with our automotive partners to brainstorm product concepts and understand requirements.
- Building fluid and intuitive user interfaces using the Android SDK.
- Integrating Leia’s computer vision and computational photography technologies.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and optimizing the app.
- Triaging and addressing bugs.
This role is based out of the Los Angeles Offices.
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years experience as a developer for Android mobile applications
- Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin
- Expertise working with REST and/or GraphQL web services
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with Android architectural patterns
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Passion for doing what’s right for the customer
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with Unity and/or C#
- Experience with React-Native, Flutter, or other cross-platform mobile technologies
- Experience with real-time graphics using OpenGL ES
- Experience with the Android Native Development Kit, using C or C++
- Experience with UX or UI design
- Experience with computer vision techniques
Boredom is the enemy!
When was the last time technology genuinely surprised you?
When was the last time you held something in your hands that felt new and exciting?
When did you last say WOW?
We don't try to put life onto screens; we bring screens to life through interactive, immersive, and immediate 3D Lightfield experiences. In a world of passive viewing, Leia is a breakthrough. Instead of telling you about this future, we’ve built it.
Come join a team that’s ready to redefine the digital experiences of tomorrow!
What We Offer
In order to assemble top talent to help realize this mission, Leia offers our employees:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Catered lunch and dinner daily (Dependent on Location)
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and beverages
- Onsite workout facility (Dependent on Location)
Leia Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.