Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making tomorrow’s communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 340 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam-blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of 400 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Tel Aviv and Nairobi.
- Listed in Nasdaq.
We at the Calling team deliver on our mission to provide trust by making communication safe and efficient. Awesome Calling experience for everyone’s calling needs is essential for Truecaller’s success and for our user’s satisfaction. Calling Team is one of the core team of Truecaller. Our team has a deep knowledge of all aspects of Calling. Some of our flagship features are Dialer, Contacts, Call Logs, Truecaller Voice and Full-Screen/Video Caller ID.
As a Software Engineer - Android in the Calling team, you will be responsible for enabling and performing highly efficient application development, improving the Truecaller service and app for the Android platform. The Software Engineer is deeply involved in the whole cycle of product development, from idea generation to delivery.
What do we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience in Android development, familiar with Java and Kotlin.
- Good knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to make the right compromises to maximize early value delivery without compromising on quality.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
What will you work on:
- Be involved in the whole cycle of product development on Android in the Calling team from idea generation to delivery and analysis.
- Write a simple, understandable, testable, and efficient code with a focus on solid technical stability and great user experience.
- Contribute to the implementation of complex features and design work within the team.
- Be part of cross-team technical initiatives, participate in, and contribute to the team’s Agile practices.
- Implement unit tests within the team’s responsibility area.
It would be great if you also have:
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices as well as an eye for design
- Knowledge of gRPC
- And of course acts according to our values; Get shit done, Be helpful, Be fearless and Never give up
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. As part of the recruitment process, we will conduct a background check.
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer:
A smart, talented and agile team: An international team where ~35 nationalities are working together in several locations and time zones with a learning, sharing and fun environment.
A great compensation package: Competitive salary, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, private health insurance and pension contribution, Udemy membership to keep learning and improving, gym membership.
Great tech tools: Pick the computer and phone that you fancy the most within our budget ranges.
A new life in Sweden: We offer full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance when required. Of course, we support your beloved ones as well!
Do it your way: For the days you're working from home, we provide you with an attractive budget for creating your cozy office at home.
Office life: Enjoy your days with a wide range of yummy snacks and beverages, and have fun at our playroom! As well, exciting company parties and team activities such as Lab days, Running team, Geek lunch!
Come as you are:
Truecaller is diverse, equal and inclusive. We need a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences in order to keep building our great products. No matter where you are based, which language you speak, your accent, race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, etc. All those things make you who you are, and that’s why we would love to meet you.