As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
At Tinder, we believe in...
Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members.
Authenticity + Collaboration
We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
As an Android Developer at Tinder you have the unique opportunity of joining a company with tens of millions of downloads, but a small enough team where your impact is felt. From your first day on the job you will be contributing to core features of Tinder. You've already built multiple Android apps and are ready to meet the unique challenges of supporting a huge user base while continuing to add new features and products as Tinder keeps skyrocketing.
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration twice per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and/or Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build new compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Coordinate with the product and design team(s) influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services
- Create and maintain internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate and learn with innovative and passionate team members
- Significant experience building applications in Kotlin
- A strong software architect well versed in design patterns (e.g. you've worked with MVP, Clean/MVVM, and know the benefits of each. You've written your own Repositories and Factories)
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection and has implemented Dagger
- Experience writing your own test scripts
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and architecting full stack applications, including API design and UI wireframing
- Someone who understands material design guidelines (e.g. you know how to be a good Android citizen while maintaining a strong unique brand identity)
- Clear communicate style within a collaborative team environment
- The ability to combine good judgement, empathy, and technical skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
As a full time employee, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- $500 work-from-home stipend to set you up for remote work
- Free subscription to Tinder Platinum
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $210,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Palo Alto, California. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.