Location: Dallas/Fort Worth - initially remote possible during relocation
Position Type: long-term contract 6+ months
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Residency Requirements: Candidates authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship is being offered at this time.
About the position:
UI Pros is seeking a Senior Android Mobile Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Dallas, Texas. Position is on-site though initially remote may be possible if relocation is necessary.
You will join our client's top-notch Agile development team doing cutting-edge work on a variety of interesting projects. Our client builds engaging apps for their clients with beautiful UI and solid security. Some projects include embedded, iOT and even wearables.
If you are passionate about excellence you'll fit right in here! Click Apply to see if this is the next step for you!
· Android Studio & Android Libraries
Qualifications - what you will bring to the team:
· 3+ years native mobile software development
· Experience with Java and Kotlin Android development, and ability to pick up new languages and tools quickly.
· Unit testing experience
· Good understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
· Experience building and shipping Android apps to Google Play Store
· Well versed with building UIs using XML and custom UI components
· Experience using RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
· Personal project experience with Android app development
· Experience working with teams and cross-functional groups
Helpful to have:
· Experience building and distributing Native Android SDKs
· Android security engineering experience and work on large-scale apps
· Strong understanding of core android fundamentals on Java application development - activities, views, intents, services, fragments, AndroidManifest, android lifecycle events.