The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Android Engineer to join our team and help build new features that millions of people will use to heighten their Spotify experience. You will join a collaborative team that delivers innovative technology and continuously improves our engineering, all while keeping it fun.
We tackle high potential ideas that can reach new audiences, run deep-dive explorations, then build and test the hypothesis with real users. Through A/B testing, we make data-informed decisions to connect artists and fans.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences audio content.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, user researchers, designers, and engineers to build end-to-end features
- Engage in developing new concepts for products and shipping them to millions of users
- Join other engineers to help shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
- Work on what you want during regular hack days and annual hack weeks
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development.
- You write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Kotlin code. Experience writing Java is a plus.
- You enjoy working collaboratively on a full-stack team, using agile processes to deliver a project in incremental phases
- You solve problems methodically and can investigate issues in complex systems
- You care about quality, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard.
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching others. You are passionate about your work, pursuing the goals of the team and, ultimately, the Spotify mission - "giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it"
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer to work in an office environment? Prefer to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central Eastern time zone and Eastern Standard time zones for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.