About The Role
You will be working on the Peloton Product Engineering team, building Android applications for our Members. These applications include our Google Play Store mobile app, our Fire TV app, Studio app, and the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton Bike and Tread. You will get the opportunity to develop customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years of Android development experience
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and Java
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVVM and MVI
- Solid understanding of Android threading and processing
- Experience with profiling UI, memory, and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Base Salary: $172,100.00 to $223,800.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected]
before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.