The Flickr mobile team is looking for a forward-thinking software engineer with experience building the best mobile app for finding inspiration, connecting with others, and sharing your passion for photographs. This role will participate in designing, proposing, and developing at-scale engineering solutions for our Android application.
We want an engineer with a broad array of interests who can easily adapt to new challenges and explore new solutions to existing problems. We believe engineering is only a piece of the effort and that you’re as passionate about code quality and architecture as you are about user experience and design!
- Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise
- Lead and own a significant stake in projects that have a direct impact on team goals from inception to launch
- Be active in code reviews and discussions to learn, share knowledge, and improve code quality
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping Android apps in Java/Kotlin
- Shipped enough apps and updates to Google Play Store to understand its guidelines and life cycle thoroughly
- Experience working with and consuming JSON and REST APIs
- Experience writing multithreaded and networked apps
- Experience in CI/CD and automating deployment tasks
- Solid Android UI-design principles and engineering patterns (i.e., MVVM)
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of local and push notifications (FCM/GCM)
- An undergraduate or graduate computer science/engineering equivalent or equivalent business experience
*Remote work applies to select states: California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Flickr aims to thrill customers around the world, and building a diverse team is critical to our success. We seek employees with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. And we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and cultivating an inclusive culture. We believe that embracing diversity is integral to innovation and progress.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to make an accommodation request.