Ergatta is seeking a Senior Front-end Android UI Developer to join the engineering team!
As a Senior Android developer, you will be working on the flagship Ergatta
tablet experience that we will ship with every rower. You will get the opportunity to
develop customer-facing features in Kotlin to deliver best-in-class fitness experiences
across several different markets. You will be responsible for turning ideas, designs, and specifications into a mobile app used daily by our users.
The ideal candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for building scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- Fluency in Kotlin or a similar language, like Swift or Scala
- Experience with Git or Mercurial
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Understanding of Architecture patterns, namely MVP and MVVM
- Experience doing concurrent programming
- Experience with CPU and memory profiling
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX and UI requirements into code implementations
Bonus points if you have:
- A passion for fitness, especially for rowing
- Published application(s) to the Google Play Store or iOS App Store
- Experience with automation testing, such as with Espresso
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Experience with or curiosity about reactive frameworks
- A GitHub profile with project(s) you can walk us through
Ergatta is changing the motivation that moves people. We are a team of bright, driven, and innovative thinkers on a mission to build a new consumer category: game-based home fitness. Our flagship product, the Ergatta Rower, provides a competitive and personalized full-body rowing workout through an engaging game-based interface. Our products are sustainably-made in New England from American cherrywood and designed to be on display.
As fitness activity increasingly shifts into the home, we believe the big winners will be those who innovate around what is on the screen. Our content provides a new and uniquely addictive consumer experience, radically different from traditional instructor-led offerings.
Ergatta recently closed a $30M Series A, led by Advanced Venture Partners and joined by Greycroft, Fifth Wall, Gaingels, and Hans Tung (GCV). Off the heels of that capital raise, we are expanding our game studio, breaking into new verticals, and continuing to challenge the way at-home fitness “should” look and feel.
However, above all else, we are investing in our company’s most important asset: our people.
Three Reasons to Join Ergatta:
1. Build something new - Rollerblade invented inline skating. Airbnb created home-sharing. Being a part of Ergatta is a chance to define a new frontier for fitness.
2. Be on the founding team - We are a small but mighty team. As a part of the first 75 founding team, you have an opportunity to shape the future of the company and product experience.
3. Define & accelerate your career - This is a place full of brilliant category experts to learn from, resources to take your career to the next level, and space to chart your own path.
Benefits and Perks:
Ergatta offers competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, in addition to:
+ Unlimited vacation & paid holidays - our philosophy is that life is all about balance, and we encourage our employees to take time off to recharge when they need it. We observe 12 paid holidays as a company, to unplug and celebrate with friends and family!
+ Paid Parental Leave - we want our employees to take time off and have a smooth, worry-free transition back to work when they’re welcoming a new member to the family!
+ Flexible work hours and WFH policy - the traditional workplace is evolving and we’re listening. We operate on a hybrid model, with some of our employees working fully remotely. Our NYC-based staff comes into the office twice a week and we offer WFH stipends to all full-time employees so they can be productive wherever they are working from.
+ Free Rower - we consider this an investment in your mental and physical wellbeing. Every Ergatta employee gets a free rower, and fully covered membership.
+ Weekly happy hours & regular company gatherings - simply put, we love spending time together! Ergatta employees know how to have fun (we even have an illustrious “Party Planning Committee!”) and we get together as a group - both in person and virtually - whenever possible.
Ergatta champions diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We look forward to meeting you,
The Ergatta Team