We are looking for a passionate Android Developer to join our cross-functional product team. Together we will shape our music product and create features that bring great value to our users and have a long-lasting impact on them and their joyful learning experience.
newBandMember = YOU!
newBandMember = YOU!
- Building and improving our Android Fretello app
- Improving architecture and implementing common practices to increase development speed and deployment flow
- Writing clean code that is easy to read, maintain, test, and follows proven practices
- Creating app components with the newest Jetpack Libraries
- Working in a cross-functional team, helping to actively shape our product’s future
- Putting in that little extra with every commit to deliver an outstanding user experience
What to bring along:
- At least 5 years of practical experience developing Android apps, resulting in an excellent command of Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK
- In-depth experience with Android architecture components (eg. Jetpack, Coroutines MVVM, Firebase) and functional reactive programming (RxKotlin, Kotlin Flow)
- Solid experience with continuous integration and delivery as well as test-driven development
- Confidence handling the Gradle Build Tools and multi-module Gradle projects
- First experience with audio frameworks on Android and basic knowledge of C++/JNI is a plus
- Proactive self-starter with a positive mindset, an excellent sense of ownership, and a drive to learn and engage
Our tech stack:
- Android Frameworks: Android Jetpack Libraries, Koin
- IDEs: Android Studio, Xcode
- Cloud: Amazon AWS
- Frontend, Backend & DB: React, Express, Postgres
- Design: Figma
- Testing: XCTest/XCUITest, Espresso, MockK, Waldo.io
- Deployment: Fastlane, Bitrise, Bitbucket Pipeline, Firebase App Distribution
- Machine Learning: Python, Tensorflow, Keras, powerful on-premise hardware
What we offer:
- Personal time off (25 days paid leave per year)
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10:00 to 14:00)
- 38.5-hour work-week (overtime compensated as time-off 1:1)
- Remote first work setup and mindset
- A small team (25-30) with lots of individual impact and responsibility
- Fun, relaxed, and regular remote team events and onsite team retreats
- Shared and lived values: Agility, Curiosity, Unity, Transparency, and Empathy
- An emphasis on continuous learning and growth
- Mental wellbeing initiatives such as weekly yoga, Mindfulness Wednesdays, and optional paid external therapy sessions
Your contact: Stephanie (Süllwald) Truter (Talent Scout)
Our salary range starts at an annual compensation of EUR 45.000 to a maximum of EUR 60.000 if you tick all of the boxes. Your actual offer will depend on your skills and experience.
Time zone preference: +/- 5 hours of difference from CET.