Senior Android Developer with VMware
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we run the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. We build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Workspace ONE provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Job Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Android Developer to be part of VMware End User Computing business unit working in Workspace ONE mobile application teams. Workspace ONE digital workspace platform provides end point management as well as productivity tools for mobile workforce. We are passionate about delivering high quality and secure products.
- You will take ownership of product quality, user experience, and security - every member of the team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class product that users love.
- Design, build, and test product features and components, while working with our security and UX teams to ensure that Workspace ONE apps are both secure and delightful to use.
- You will help maintain and improve our automated test suite and CI pipeline.
- You will participate in code reviews and design reviews for building a robust and scalable product that does not require rework.
- Play an active role in debugging and addressing critical product issues. Our product is critical to our customers, and every developer will cooperate with our support team to make sure our customer needs are met.
- In this role, you will be involved in coordinating work across teams, architects and other business units. This involves UI/UX, Security and Architecture teams. You will establish networks outside own area of expertise.
- You will be actively mentoring team members and play an active role in addressing or helping the team with critical issues/escalation.
- You will proactively work on identifying issues and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Perform analysis of complex tasks or situations that required in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Personal growth is important to our team. We want our team to be constantly learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies, libraries, and frameworks. You will receive educational budget and time to continue to get better at your craft.
- Generate technical innovation ideas. Champion the culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and integrity.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using Android SDK (Kotlin/Java) and different versions of Android.
- Highly proficient in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and quality coding skills, excellent debugging skills.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services.
- Experience working in Git, Stash, Jira and other productivity tools.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Experience with application profiling and performance tuning.
- Experience in building and debugging network driven apps is highly valued.
- Familiarity with Android UI design principles, Material design guidelines, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with open-source Android components and the libraries available for common tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Work experience in an energizing environment, following agile practices. Successfully handled multiple, high priority projects and tasks.
- Security and compliance consciousness
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.