What are we looking for?
At Journi we’re building an app that allows customers to create beautiful photo books and other print products without effort. Using AI technology, we automatically create personalized designs based on the content our users want to print.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Android Developer who is passionate about building great products and loves being part of a motivated team of internationals.
➤ What you will do
- Work as an android developer in a cross functional product team
- Build new features for our android app
- Maintain the code base and existing features
- Write automated tests, maintain our CI/CD pipeline and our monitoring stack
- Share new ideas and make improvements to our process
➤ Your bag of tricks
- 5+ years of experience developing native android apps (other UI or JVM development experience can be considered)
- At least 1 year of experience with Kotlin
- Experience with automated unit and ui testing and deployment processes
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- You are constantly learning, asking for feedback, and self-motivated
- You are permitted to work in the EU/Austria or have a degree in Computer Science which is required in Austria so we can apply for a work permit
- You are able to relocate to / based in Vienna - the world’s most liveable city!
➤ Nice to have (but not required!)
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines and flows
- Knowledge of AndroidX and Jetpack libraries (Room, Compose, Lifecycle, etc)
- Experience using DI frameworks (Dagger, Hilt)
- Basic Gradle knowledge to tweak the build process and write small tasks
- Experience working with images, image processing libraries and machine learning models
➤ What we offer
- A happy team makes for a happy workplace. We wouldn’t be able to do what we are doing without our team and that’s why we offer:
- A fair annual gross salary in accordance with the Collective Agreement, starting from €57,000. Our final offer depends on your experience and qualifications amongst other factors.
- A bunch of awesome social benefits (incl. public transport card, health insurance, pension fund, in-house/online yoga, German classes and access to premium language learning app)
- Daily lunch vouchers and a fully functional kitchen in our office with access to healthy and organic foods (cornflakes, fresh fruit, yoghurt, Italian portafilter coffee and a huge range of teas)
- 25 vacation days per year plus get up to 5 extra holidays per year (1 extra day for each additional working anniversary at Journi)
- €2,000 personal development budget per employee per year
- Team activities - annual team trip, get-togethers and digital events
- Work in a fun, bright and award-winning office - built by the Journi Team! Including ping-pong and foosball to blow off steam
- High-end computer (Mac) set-up and tools that will make you enjoy getting your work done
- Flexible working hours (with core hours: 10am-4pm Mo-Th; and 10am-2pm on Fr)
- Hybrid working model with 40% home office days
- Relocation and visa support for non-EU citizens: ONLY with finished Computer Science degree
- Be part of a team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals who you can learn from and want to learn from you too!
To give you an idea of what awaits you, check out our Hiring process steps:
- Short Screen call
- General Interview with the HR team
- Take-home Assessment
- Technical Interview with your future Team
- Meet the Founders Chat
- Job offer :)
Depending on your availability, the whole process takes around 3 weeks!
To find out more about life at Journi, visit our careers site at www.journiapp.com/careers.