WalletConnect is the open-source web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps. Started four years ago, our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone. Every month, millions of people use WalletConnect in over 200 integrations.
We’re looking for a founding Kotlin/Android Engineer to join our team to help develop a new SDK for mobile app integrations on Android. We are gearing up to launch WalletConnect 2.0 with new features, including multi-chain support, a decentralized backend, faster connections, and 10x performance and scalability, and the SDK will be a key part of this.
To learn more about our plans for 2.0 take a look at our recent presentation at EthCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBIw7lFNnU
- Implement and develop an SDK to support WalletConnect protocol on Android using Kotlin
- Develop unit and integration test with Android Studio using Kotlin
- Create new automation scripts in CI infrastructure (currently using Github Actions)
- Develop sample applications for testing and use as reference for integrations
- Writing API documentation and tutorials for SDK integration
- 3+ years of experience in building Android applications and/or SDKs using Kotlin
- Solid experience with distributing Kotlin libraries via JitPack
- Knowledge about data structures and Android design patterns
- Experience in Android Studio tools for profiling leaks, allocation, energy etc.
- Experience with Websocket APIs and JSON-RPC protocol
Nice to have:
- Experience with Push Notifications API on Android
- Experience creating SDK’s
- Blockchain experience
What WalletConnect offers:
- Fully remote position with flexible timezone (CET/EST preferred)
- Competitive salary
- 1-2% company equity (founding team member stake)