We are looking for a Software developer to work on the analysis, design and coding of a suite of mobile solutions to support data capture and management for Health Management Information Systems in several developing countries. We are working together with the department of informatics at the University of Oslo (UiO) on the design and development of a next-generation DHIS2 android application in the context of national health systems in developing countries. The DHIS2 android application uses a library, named as the DHIS2 android SDK, that contains the logic of the application and the local database. One of the main objectives of this position would be to support and expand the functionality of the DHIS2 SDK.
District Health Information Software 2 (DHIS2) is an open source health management information system (HMIS) platform. Today, DHIS2 is the world's largest HMIS platform, in use in 67 low and middle-income countries. The core DHIS2 software development is managed by the Health Information Systems Program (HISP) at the University of Oslo (UiO).
- Join a team of 3 developers to work on the development of the DHIS2 android SDK.
- Contribute to the design of the mobile database
- Participate in the development of the interface between the DHIS2 android SDK library and android applications.
- Participate in the testing and QA processes.
- Join the development of the android application (front-end) when needed .
- Excellent knowledge of Java (at least 3 years of experience working on Java related projects)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Git / GitHub
- Databases design and SQL
- Fluent in English
- Design patterns
- Agile methodologies
- Self-learning motivation
- Ability to work remotely and independently
Nice to have
- Experience in working in open source projects
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Good knowledge of CI tools as Jenkins or Travis.
- PWA, Flutter
- French and/or Spanish
- Interest on the use of technology for development and social change
What we offer
- Freedom - live wherever you want.
- A job with social impact!
- 22 days of vacation
- Attractive salary
What to submit
- LinkedIn/Personal site URL (CV also accepted)
- Portfolio of work: URLs, GitHub or personal repository