Who We Are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and our geniuses won't just offer guidance - they'll help you take action.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with nearly 6 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to democratize money management through our simple, beautifully-designed product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the Role
Albert's Android app has been live on Google Play for over two years and consistently ranks as one of the top apps in the finance section of Google Play. Over the next year, Albert will be launching multiple new services and products, and we're looking for someone to join our growing mobile team and help build beautifully crafted products.
Things you're good at:
Things you're good at:
- Shipping: Delivering great products that you're proud of on a regular basis.
- Product: An eye for design and UX with amazing attention to detail.
- Diving in: Taking ownership of product lines within the app.
- Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
- Take ownership of entire product lines on the Android app, working on a team of mobile developers
- Help us continue to build an app that can scale to millions of users
- Speed is a feature: build and deploy software that delights because it’s fast
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and offer feedback. We work together.
- Write clean, well tested and modular code that requires minimal QA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience writing production Android software
- Kotlin experience (our app is built in Kotlin)
- Strong product sense with a keen eye for UX and design
- Bonus: familiarity with Python
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Daily meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match