At Extend, we believe that by providing a digital payment infrastructure to trusted financial institutions, we can democratize access to the latest card capabilities, enabling people to achieve more. Extend offers several products, including a suite of aggregated virtual card APIs, a digital corporate card app, and an industry-first card tokenization service. Leading banks, businesses, and other innovators can now access the full power of virtual cards for their businesses, products, and clients. Extend is a venture-backed company based in New York City. Join us on our journey as we redefine how people and organizations think about payments.
For more information visit paywithextend.com
We’re looking for someone who wants to work on an evolving and forward-thinking Android application using some of the latest tools and libraries while also being pragmatic in approach. Someone who likes to own their work, collaborate across teams, make direct impact for users, and have open and honest discussions about how to help their team grow will thrive in this role. An Android Engineer at Extend will find plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in their career and will find plenty of people who are willing to support them in their journey.
If all of that gets you excited, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements. The most important thing is the willingness to push yourself and your work to new levels. You’ll get that and more at Extend.
What skills we're looking for
- 1-3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of professional native Android development experience
- Familiarity with Android SDK, frameworks, and development patterns
- Familiarity with Gradle build tools, unit testing, git
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Android architecture components, dependency injection, continuous integration, and Jetpack Compose
- Knowledge of reactive programming and MVVM architecture
- Have released at least 1 application to the Google Play Store
Within 1 month, you will:
- Get to know everyone on the tech team: including iOS, Android, Web, Backend, and QA Engineers, Product Designers, and Product Managers
- Learn about Extend’s products and services, Android app codebase, development lifecycle, release process, and team rituals
- Contribute to smaller features and/or bug fixes
- Regularly attend standups, sprint planning meetings, and retrospectives
Within 3 months, you will:
- Collaborate regularly with the frontend team, product manager, QA engineers, designers and backend engineers to plan, design, and implement new features
- Own the development of a feature and help deliver it to our users!
- Shadow a lead developer in deployment of code to the Play Store in order to understand build tools, testing, and deployment mechanisms
- Get regular team feedback on your code through code reviews
- Establish regular 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss goals, areas of improvement, and how Extend can best help you grow in your career
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have a familiar and comfortable understanding of team practices
- Regular discussions with lead developers on how to improve code quality, architect larger changes to the codebase, prototype new ideas, and find ways to improve collaboration within the Android team
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Complete medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) program
- Flexible work schedule and vacation policy
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Modern technology and tools
- An experienced management team for career growth and mentorship
- Positive team culture, inclusive of virtual and off-site events
- Work remote or from our convenient NYC location, when we’ve reestablished our offices after the pandemic and you feel comfortable to visit
Extend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.