We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our talented, experienced, and growing mobile engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with a modern Android tech stack (Kotlin, MotionLayout, Coroutines) and have impact on a product that reaches millions of users.
Your primary goals will be to work with your team to grow into an independent, capable, and confident Android developer, and to improve the quality of the Hinge Android app.
- Contribute to and take ownership of feature development
- Contribute to Android issue tracking and resolution
- Understand and contribute to the project development process at Hinge
- Develop a strong understanding of Android fundamentals
- Communicate with teammates and other teams in a positive and empowering way
- You have professional experience working in Android Development (Kotlin strongly preferred)
- You have published apps in the Google Play Store
- You have strong software development and design fundamentals
- You are capable of clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- You take pride in your work and are driven by creating a great experience for our users.
The salary range for this position is $140,000 - $170,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.