Arrive is looking for an Android Engineer to help deliver on our mission to free consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you need to go, so they can focus on the destination.
Focusing on our consumer mobile applications (ParkWhiz and BestParking) and SDKs, the Android Engineer will help us build the best possible experience for our customers while at the same time helping us advance our codebase to the next level. We’re insanely customer focused and excited for you to join the team and help us lead the charge.
What we're lookIng for:
- Comfortable and fluent in Kotlin
- Willing to spend time getting to know Android animations or have good experience with them
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages, our engineers help define the products that we build
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed
- Experience working with asynchronous programming using coroutines or reactive style programming
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
Your typIcal day:
- Attend the morning mobile team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development from the current sprint
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Monitor crash reports in Firebase, as well as issues reported in Jira
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Head out on a quick coffee walk
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you'll be workIng wIth:
Our engineering team is 20 strong and split up into six discrete functions: Core, Platform/Web, iOS, Android, and Data/Recommendations. You’ll primarily be working with other Android engineers, the mobile PM, and several UI/UX designers.
More about the team:
We are a tight knit group that is inclusive, fun and hard working. We love shipping clean, testable code. Our top priority is producing a product that people love using. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.