With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
We develop the most successful email and cloud services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE! We are looking for a skilled and passionate Android Teamlead. As a leader you inspire your team, grow your people, take responsibility for quality, and combine your agile leadership mindset with the technical expertise of a senior developer. You and your team will be designing and developing new functionalities for our top rated mail apps for more than 10 million GMX, WEB.DE as well as mail.com Android users worldwide.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to your developers to form and maintain a high-performing team.
- Closely collaborate within your cross-functional team together with your product manager, ux-designer and agile coach.
- Foster a team culture where people value open and honest feedback, as well as taking over full ownership.
- Drive technical excellence within the team by evaluating new technologies and applying best practices. Empower your developers in making great architectural decisions and ensure collaboration with other teams to achieve a common goal.
- Responsible for end-to-end hiring process of a dev team with a strong focus on candidate experience.
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? Are you interested in leading a multinational agile Android team and are keen to make use of new technologies? Are you driven to deliver outstanding apps and features together with your team? Are you showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- Several years of professional experience as a Senior- or Lead-Android developer or as Teamlead, proven track record of developing and mentoring people.
- Solid knowledge of software design, software architecture for large scale Android applications written in Kotlin as well experience in automated Unit- and Integration Tests, CI/CD.
- Familiar with the opportunities but also with the challenges for native apps - bonus: actively worked with OKRs
- Interested in new technologies, creativity and open to discussions to improve our apps.
- Great communication (our team language is English, German is nice to have), used to work independently and welcome working in a multinational Scrum team together with different disciplines.