With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
We develop the most successful email and cloud services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE - and are currently looking for an Android Developer. As a member of the agile Android Mobile Development team (10 people), your work will be geared to advancing the worldwide success of our products. By deploying and utilizing leading-edge technologies, you will be designing and developing new functionalities for more than 10 million of domestic GMX, WEB.DE, as well as mail.com Android users worldwide. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of "slack" days where you can try out new technologies, develop pet projects, work with open-source projects and thereby actively improve your knowledge and skills.
- You will further develop our email and cloud apps in Kotlin while following clean code principles.
- You will create automated Unit Tests and Integration Tests as part of the development workflow.
- You will deliver high-quality code and contribute your know-how by the way of code reviews, technical discussions, and Proof of Concept projects.
- You will enrich our products with your own ideas, implement new features for our customers, and will keep our Apps up to date with the latest technologies and architectural approaches while working in an agile environment.
- You can take advantage of regular „slack“ days to work on personally desired product features, learn more about exciting new technologies and other similar topics.
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? Are you interested in becoming part of our english speaking, agile Android team and are keen to make use of new technologies? Are you driven to deliver outstanding apps and features? Are you showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- Your core competencies are in the Android development where you have gained at least three years of experience.
- You have good knowledge of software design, develop preferably in Kotlin and you are at home with Android libraries (e.g. Android MVVM Design Pattern, Coroutines, RxJava, OAuth 2.0, Dagger …) and latest Android versions.
- You should have experience in automated Unit- and Integration Tests, GitLab CI/Docker and Git.
- You are interested in new technologies, you are creative and you are open to discussions to improve our apps.
- You are communicative, used to work independently, and welcome working in a multinational Scrum team together with different disciplines.