Position: We seek highly motivated and technically proficient candidates for the position of Android Developer as part of a multi-year project requiring development, deployment, and maintenance of Applications as part of the Bharti Institute of Public Policy at the Indian School of Business.
As an Android Developer, the incumbent will work within the Initiative on Forest Economy (IoFE) team to deliver functional & user-friendly Android applications and in a timely manner. To learn more about the project, please visit the IoFE website: https://forestgovernance.in/
About the team: The IoFE team focuses on upscaling the recognition of Community Forest Resource (CFR) Rights and community-led governance for the protection and management of forests in India. The team works on projects with special focus on upscaling CFR recognition in forest landscapes and generates evidence for effective community-driven forest landscape restoration. The projects are primarily aimed at recognition of community rights as an instrument for creation of jobs and livelihoods for forest dwelling communities. We work closely with multiple state governments and private sector actors to establish large-scale pilots to link CFR communities to industrial value chains for forest-based raw materials.
NTFP-based economies linked to sustainable forest management, responsible business practices, and enhanced livelihood security, is the core focus area of our work. In this objective, leveraging advanced technology for mapping and monitoring community forest resources, developing collaborative tools for community-based knowledge management, building a technology stack to facilitate multiple aspects of sustainable forest management, and knowledge sharing amongst stakeholders are some of our other focus areas.
The responsibilities include:
- Writing clean and efficient code for Android applications.
- Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing the codebase.
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs, and enhancing application
- performance to ensure scalability.
- Performing timely testing to ensure resolution of performance inefficiencies.
- Additionally, the candidate will also be required to
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and design new features as per needs of the larger team and multiple stakeholders.
- Develop documentation and version control strategy for efficient deployment.
The candidate is expected to have:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering. A post-graduate degree is desirable.
- Prior Experience (1-2 years) in developing and publishing applications on Play Store.
- Familiarity with creating and using RESTFul APIs.
- Familiarity with MVC.
- Proficiency in Version Control System (Git).
- Prior Experience in testing applications through standard frameworks.
- Prior Experience in spatial data structures and deployment of map-based solutions.
Interested candidates are requested to apply here: https://forms.gle/WKrV6CYUjTHY4E4W9
Application Deadline: We will start reviewing candidate profiles from January 11th 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and proficiency.
BIPP-ISB values diversity in the workplace and especially encourage women and minority candidates to apply.
About BIPP-ISB: The Indian School of Business (ISB) is a globally ranked research-driven business school with two campuses at Hyderabad and Mohali. The school offers world-class management education across both its campuses and has grown at a rapid pace since its inception and is already one of the most research productive Indian management institutions. The Bharti Institute of Public Policy, one of the four institutes at the Mohali campus of ISB, is an independent think tank that promotes high-quality research to guide policy formulation and implementation. The institute aims to lead education and research in the domain of public policy.