WillowTree is hiring for empathetic, curious developers to join our growing team. We work in a fast-paced and energizing atmosphere, helping our clients’ ideas come to life by building robust mobile and web applications. Our Android technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and our Mobile experience is a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Are driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Have professional programming experience — we’re thinking 2-5 + years
- Have the ability to write code that is durable, secure, scalable, always up and running
- Understand basic data modeling with Java or Kotlin (protocols, enums, structs, classes)
- Have familiarity with test frameworks such as Espresso, JUnit, Mockito
- Have familiarity with Android fragments
- Have experience building networking and data modeling layers with OkHttp3 and Retrofit
- Have owned the delivery of major features and components
- Have awareness of MVC and MVVM design patterns
- Proactively identify risks and approach them with a solution-oriented mindset
- Are comfortable using IDE’s, version control and/or command line tools
- Are able to provide estimations of time and effort around projects while balancing business objectives and technical constraints
- Experience with the code signing and distribution process
- You've used Google APIs like Analytics SDKs, Car Play, Sensor Experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Fastlane) and experience setting up deployment pipelines
- An appreciation for inclusive and accessible UI implementations
- Experience using Jetpack Compose
- You've worked with emerging technologies like Machine Learning, Voice and/or AR/VR
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
You’ll love this job if you...
- Are comfortable collaborating and communicating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Find it rewarding to improve existing code to make it more maintainable, testable and elegant
- Enjoy pair-programming
- Believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Pride yourself on your work and take responsibilities and commitments seriously
- Value daily opportunities to immerse yourself deeply in your work
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everyone’s unique contributions are encouraged
- Value a feedback culture that fosters personal and professional growth
What Makes WillowTree Special
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.