The i6 Group is a growing business across the aerospace software industry. We are an experienced, dynamic team with vast knowledge in the aviation and software industries including commercial and military fuel systems, safety critical software, hardware development, real-time operations and high-availability web and mobile applications.
We are seeking an individual to fulfill a role as a Android Developer. You will be joining a business that specialises in business critical software in and a high level of customer focus and support .
We develop through a tailored agile process to enable rapid and flexible development supported by advanced systems engineering, product and project management.
Following the award of a number of new major contracts we are recruiting to expand our Mobile development team. We develop an exciting suite of web and mobile apps for the aerospace refuelling and wider ground handling industries making use of IoT technologies to deliver the next-generation of technology in this space. Our customers include British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, KLM as well as many others around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pick up and work on Android related issues/features either as part of a team or individually
- Work closely with deployment/customer support teams to ensure customer feedback is understood
- Ensure that necessary bug fixes and other work is estimated appropriately and in line with business development plan
- Work collaboratively in an agile focused product team
- Android (Kotlin)
- Knowledge of design patterns such as clean architecture, MVP, MVVM, etc...
- Excellent library knowledge we use the likes of Retrofit, Koin/Dagger, RxJava/Live Data
- Great experience in testing we use the likes of TDD, Unit Testing (JUnit), UI (Expresso) and Mockito
- Previous experience working with tools like CricleCI, Fastlane, Fabric/Firebase and Jira
What is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a thriving product team with guidance and help from some fantastic developers in the same discipline. We are a big advocate of training and development at i6, with members of our team often out on training courses or tech talks/summits in order to further develop their existing skill set and stay on the edge of innovation. There is certainly room for this role to evolve and grow as the business does and it could open up lots of doors to the wider business depending on where you want it to take you on your career path, we actively promote people to cross train into other areas if this is something that interests them.
In this position you will get the opportunity to solve real life problems and work closely with some amazing bluechip clients. We reward hard work and dedication and have some excellent success stories here at i6 from a career development standpoint.
- Salary negotiable
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Various team building events throughout the year including Hackathons and quarterly socials
- Flexible working hours
We provide a fantastic working environment where our team is actively encouraged to learn and develop new things. We are based on Farnborough Airport in bright, modern offices.
i6 is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.